"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Monday, November 30, 2015

It's a...GIRL!

 Here I am around 20 weeks--halfway there!
 I love how her hand is up by her ear like she's snuggled in nice and comfy. 
 This one is funny and cute because it looks like she was yawning!
And here's that cute, little profile.

One fun thing about my new midwife, Christy Francis, is that she does an ultrasound at every single visit.  So, not only do we get to hear that wonderful, fast heartbeat, we also get to see the baby growing and moving and it's wonderful!  At 15 weeks she was able to tell us the gender of the baby!  We were very excited.  Carson was really hoping for a boy, Dixie was hoping for a girl and Mommy and Daddy just wanted a healthy baby (though we were both guessing it would be a boy).  On November 11 we had an ultrasound.  We didn't take Carson and Dixie along because we wanted it to be a surprise at home.  Christy flipped on the ultrasound machine and found out that our new baby is growing right on target, has a strong heartbeat, and is a GIRL!  I think we were in a little bit of disbelief and kept asking her to check again, but sure enough there she was.
We came home and picked up the kids from Aunt Kim's house.  We told them we knew what the baby is and that we had a treat at home for them that was either pink or blue.  They were so excited to see that mystery treat!  They rushed in, took the covering off the pink cookies and both reacted quite differently.
Dixie shouted for joy and threw her hands in the air, happily proclaiming, "I knew it was a girl!"  But Carson was so sad and heartbroken, his face fell and he pushed his plate of cookies away.  The next thing I knew he was gone.  I went looking for him and he had been crying behind the couch.  I went and asked what was wrong and made sure he knew that it was okay to feel disappointed since he had been hoping for a boy the whole time.  I told him that eventually as she grows inside me and as he meets her he will love her.  I know in time Carson will be excited about his new baby sister.  The next morning he was already suggesting "Joy" for her name and was excited to tell Grammy and Granddad  about her later today.
I have a strong testimony that God's plan is far better than anything we could imagine.  After all, He is much wiser than we.
My greatest wish, and something I pray for frequently is that: (1.) all my kids will gain their own testimonies and stay faithful in the gospel and church and that (2.) they will grow up as friends and all stay close into adulthood with each other.
Heavenly Father knows my heart and has, in His wisdom, sent us this beautiful girl next.  I am so grateful for her and for her health and for a Father in Heaven who guides and directs my life for the best!
Welcome to our family little sis!!

UPDATE: We've all definitely gotten excited that it's a girl next--even Carson.  He loves feeling her move inside my tummy and he is so so so so so wonderful to Dixie and Ruby that I know he will love taking care of his third sister, too.  He loves suggesting names for her as well.  As I mentioned, he suggested Joy, as well as Paige, and Kate.  Whenever I'm helping my little girls I get such a wonderful, excited feeling thinking of helping another little girl and how she will fit right in playing dollhouse and dancing in tutus with her two big sisters!  I'm tearing up just thinking about it.  Almost 2/3 of the way there--cannot wait!

No comments: