"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Monday, November 2, 2015

Getting ready for school!

Going for fun rides on the Family Dollar carousel!
Back-to-school night!  We got to meet Mrs. Brinkerhoff and see Carson's new classroom. 
We tried to spend time playing fun games together.  Right now, Sorry, is one of our favorites!
We enjoyed our last few days of waking up whenever we wanted to!
Oh dear.  We had some leaking into our basement during some hard rainstorms.  So, we pulled the carpet up, opened up the walls to let it air out and began our journey to try to fix this leaking problem.  
We made our own Storm Trooper costumes.  I love our creative little minds around here!

We tried to walk to and from church since we live a block away, but after 3 hours of church we are all hungry and tired and not really wanting to trek uphill so we'll try that again in a few years.
But it is always wonderful to see sibling love!

I've been dreading Carson starting school all Summer!  I just hate to see my little boy getting big so fast--too fast for my liking.  Change is always hard for me, but I think this one is extra hard.  I have been waiting and hoping and planning on having my babies my whole life.  Carson is the first one, the one that made all those dreams a reality for the very first time.  I feel like this move to Kindergarten is a move out of our "baby phase"-- a phase I love--into something different and unknown.  And, there's no going back.  Our lives are forever changed with Carson leaving home for a little bit each day and letting other people into his little world.  I'm so grateful that we have a good school and that he has a good teacher to guide him!

No comments: