"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

10 Months for Miss Ruby Grace!

Love how she is so interested in exploring EVERYTHING!

I could kiss that round, yummy cheek all day long if possible. 



Ok, time for the photo shoot to be done.  
 Eating dinner with her cute friend, Claire.
 Love these two human beings.
 This was a beautiful sight in the morning.  Ruby is so lucky to have such a good, loving big sister in Dixie!


10 months.  Holy cow!  I feel like she has reached a new stage and become less of a baby and more of a toddler.  Not quite a toddler, but almost.  She is interested in everything around her and I love that curious look in her eye as she watches me open cans, walk down the stairs or brush my teeth.  It's such a great reminder that the world is full of wonder and sometimes we need to take time to just enjoy it and take it all in like a 10 month old.  
She still has no teeth.  She is pulling up more and even letting go and standing for a few brief seconds at a time.  She has decided not to keep those cute headbands on anymore.  Unlike Dixie, Ruby doesn't like me messing with her hair, so I try to quickly slip a little clip-on bow on her hair when I can.  She seems to me to be even a little more attached or clingy to me than she has in the past few months.  I can't say I mind the love, the hugs or kisses, but it will be good in the future for her to be more comfortable going to other family or friends for a little bit.  She absolutely loves her older siblings and just wants to be involved in whatever they are doing.  It seems like she couldn't care less about her baby toys, because she wants what everyone else is into.  We try to pacify her with her own things and she tosses them aside and goes after the dollhouse, our cups filled with water, my cell phone, decorations, books, pictures, and almost anything that is interesting, but not meant for a baby to handle and eat.  Oh well, she will learn soon.  Speaking of learning I think she has figured out for the most part that she shouldn't go down stairs.  I still am very vigilant about watching her around them, but I notice that she stops before she gets to them and cries for help to get down.  
She is an absolute doll!!! I can't say it enough.  I cry a little each month that she gets older, because I just love love love babies.  I am really enjoying this stage of having a preschooler, 2 year old, and baby all at once.  These ages are awesome.  Babies are a little more physically demanding than the older ones, but I just adore babies and am trying to soak each moment in with my Ruby baby.  Having the other two I now realize she'll be a big girl before we know it.  I am looking forward to seeing her personality come out even more and helping her learn, but for now I'm going to enjoy her as my baby girl!

No comments: