"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dixie at 5 Months

 First bite of oatmeal cereal

 Sad face.  I've been trying to capture this for a while now.  This is the face she pulls every time she's about to start crying (esp. when someone else is holding her and she wants me).  It is sooooo sad, but so cute at the same time.

 Who's that pretty girl in the mirror?

 Lookin' so cool in her shades.  haha

 This cute dress was her Easter dress.  Unfortunately we were too sick to go to church on Easter, but she has worn it since then and stolen many hearts.  Such a cutie pie!

 It's a little big right now, but I found this Children's Place swimsuit for $3 at DI.  I love it on her and it will be perfect for fun in the sun this summer!

 She had many a bath when she was sick and throwing up from the flu.  During this time, she was so exhausted from vomiting so much that she just fell asleep while I was washing her off.  Poor little lady.  

 We got to hang out with our friends from Ohio while they were in town.  Stella is 3 months older than Carson and Eliza is 1 month older than Dixie.  Always good times hanging out with the Palmers!  We love y'all!

 She was looking so darn cute in this little outfit with pigtails.  This picture definitely doesn't do her justice.  Also, I can't ever put headbands on her because of all her hair, so I loved that it worked with her pigtails in.  

 Hanging out with her cousin Sara!  She let Sara hold her for about 10 min. ,which we consider a victory. haha

 Ok, is that not the most precious thing you've ever seen!  The cheeks are incredible and her eyes are so bright.  She looks like she knows a secret, but she won't share it with us.


 She's our swaddle baby.  Carson hated being confined in a swaddle, but Dixie sleeps great wrapped up like a burrito!

 As her shirt declares, she IS Daddy's princess.  Not just Daddy's though, all of us think she's our princess and fall more in love with her everyday.



While we were visiting in Louisiana Dixie turned 5 months old!  

During her fifth month she tried cereal for the first time.  In the beginning she lapped it up and ate bowl-fulls a couple of times.  Then she got sick and threw a bunch of it up.  Since then, she won't eat it!  She loves mouthing anything that she can get to her lips, but she turns her head and looks disgusted just at the sight of a baby spoon coming towards her.  Has this happened to anyone else?

She is getting less fussy gradually and when she's at home with me on a normal day isn't fussy at all.  She's still warming up to the idea of being calm with other people, but does a lot better with Benji!

Unfortunately she got sick for the first time this month.  It was no fun for me to see her feeling bad and hear her stuffy little nose trying to breath while eating and sleeping.  Glad we're past that for now!

She is such a smiley girl!  She will smile at the drop of a hat pretty much and her face is very expressive.  I can see a fun little personality showing through those grins and giggles.  I literally love her more and more each and every day.  I feel so blessed and honored that she is my daughter.  What a tall order to be a mother to such a sweet little spirit.

4 comments:

holli said...

She is adorable! Seriously a sweet faced baby. I'm sure it helps since she's been a crier but I'm glad she's getting better. :)

Heather Ashcroft said...

She's getting so big. I'm sorry she was sick. No fun! She sure is cute! I've been thinking about you guys, we need to get together soon!

Jeff and Teresa Palmer said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun on your trip! I am so glad Dixie was feeling better and you were able to go! Loved having you here. We can do it again in about 3-4 weeks. Yea!

Bec and Dave said...

She is so cute!!! She seems so happy and cheerful! I love that cute smile! Looks like you guys are doin real well :) Hope to hear from you soon!