
One Year. Wow. A lot can happen in just one year. What better way to measure a year than in the growth of a child. I cannot help but marvel at how much Carson has learned and grown. On his birthday my mind was cast back to 1 year ago when we first held Carson in our arms. This day hadn't just been anticipated for 9 months--I had imagined it since I could hold a baby doll when I was just a toddler. My mind was filled with excitement and trepidation at experiencing childbirth and meeting my very own son for the first time since leaving Heaven. That day I felt like my heart grew ten times because of the immense love I immediately felt for that little newborn baby. I wasn't sure my heart could hold any more love, but oh was I wrong. Each and every day I spend with Carson I love him even more. Neither Benji, nor I can imagine our lives without our sweet boy. We are so grateful to a loving Father in Heaven for every day we get to be with Carson.
Along with capturing our hearts he's learned a lot of things including: How to smile, To give Kisses (to mom, dad and babies in his books), to point to things, to play toss with any ball, to eat baby food, big kid food and almost everything he touches, to play/splash in any water he encounters (sink, toilet, dog bowls, bidet, pool, bathtub), to babble long conversations, to play chase, to giggle up a storm, to roll over, crawl and now to walk, to clap when he does something well, to share his food and toys with others (he loves this), to cuddle (especially after he wakes up), to recognize objects (dogs, babies, balls, cars, hairbrushes), and to obey some commands (the other day I asked him to brush my hair and he immediately took the brush he was holding and touched it to my hair!), to say Mama and Dada (although not always in reference to us), to sleep through the night (Yay!), to play peek-a-boo, to sign "more" while eating, to not touch something when he is told "No, No", to dance to any and all music (hymns included).
What Have Mommy and Daddy Learned?
Carson is not the only one who has learned and grown this year--we definitely have too! Between dealing with a lot less sleep and the recovery from the childbirth to learning how we want to raise our child it's been a big year. But we wouldn't change a thing. Every time I see Benji with Carson I fall in love more. We've gotten to know each other in entirely new roles as parents and it's been great. Our favorite times are when it's just the three of us having a blast together--everything seems right with the world in those little moments. We've experienced greater love, and patience and learned to communicate better as well. Sometimes we still look at each other and think, 'are we really his mom and dad?!'. It seems too amazing to be true I guess. We are so blessed to have each other to help raise our Carson--we couldn't do it as well without each others' support and love.
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY CARSON!!
4 comments:
I CAN'T BELIEVE HE IS ALREADY A YEAR OLD!! He is too cute, I love that curly hair :) Glad to see all is well with you guys!
Happy, Happy Birthday Carson! We hope you had fun celebrating.
Happy birthday Carson! He is so adorable!
HE is SO cute! Happy Birthday Carson!
Post a Comment