As you can see, Carson's first Easter was a success. He got to experience his first Easter Egg Hunt at Great Grandmommy's. He didn't really get the concept of picking up eggs and putting them in a basket. I figured if I set him down to crawl he'd be drawn to the brightly colored objects in the grass. Instead, he went for the twigs and grass and completely ignored the eggs. HaHa. But, with a little help from Mommy, he was successful and learned that candy is worth having to pick up a few eggs for.
Easter is such a special time of year. There's such a wonderful spirit of excitement that a new season is approaching--new warmth, baby animals, new flowers. Everything reminds us of rebirth. As a youngster I knew the holiday wasn't just about Easter eggs and candy. I knew it was about something more important, something with Jesus, but I think I'm just beginning to truly know and appreciate the magnitude of how important this holiday is. The opportunity for our spirits to be reborn after our mortal sojourn is done is absolutely the most precious gift I have. Becoming a wife and mommy really helps me understand a little better the love our Savior feels for us and how wonderful it will be to be able to live with our loved ones FOREVER. I cry at the thought of not being with my sweethearts. I thank my Savior and our Father in Heaven for the sacrifice of the Atonement and the GIFT of the Resurrection. I KNOW the gospel is true with all of my heart and I KNOW that my Savior, Jesus Christ, LIVES. For that I will forever be thankful. Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment