"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Monday, April 4, 2011

11 Months Old
















11 Months! Where the heck does time go?
I know there are lots (tons) of pictures this time, but I just couldn't pick between them.

Growth Stats: 19.6#, 28in.

On March 25 Carson hit 11 months--only one month to go...
New Tricks: This was a BIG month for Carson. The first big thing he learned was to SLEEP through the night! Yes, we had to let him cry himself to sleep for the first little while. We've tried the cry-it-out method two times before and never followed through because we couldn't stand listening to him cry. This time though I think he was much more ready. He only cried for 5-10 minutes before he fell asleep. He still wakes up sometimes during the night, but we just let him go back to sleep on his own and he does really well. As of right now he sleeps for about ten hours on his own, then I go nurse him and he'll sleep for another hour or so.
Next, he took his FIRST STEPS! We practice everyday having him walk back and forth from Mommy to Daddy and back. He still prefers crawling for "long" distances and going fast, but he walks more and more all the time.
He also started using a little sign language. He's not very consistent, but he can say "more" when he's eating. And, he is very good at shaking his head to let us know what he doesn't want until we find what he does want. It's so cute!
You can see from the pictures that he LOVES bath time. He crawls back and forth and splashes in the water. Consequently he loves to play in anything with water which includes the pool, the dog's water bowl, any and every toilet and (as pictured) my parents bidet (which is clean). Also, even though he still has to sit facing backwards, we upgraded him to a big boy car seat! It is so much more roomy for him. Thanks to Benji's sweet sister Katy for that.
I can't believe he'll be one year old in just a few weeks. He's grown fast and is learning all the time. He is definitely the center of our attention all the time, but we wouldn't have it any other way. I contemplate this past year all the time and what it will be like as he reaches his first birthday milestone. I'm sure lots of adventure awaits, and we can't wait to just enjoy the journey.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

What a cute little guy! Your family picture where you're all in blue is so adorable! You have such a cute family!

Paul and Kimberly Morrison Family said...

I can't believe he is almost to his first birthday! I agree with Kelli that your family picture in blue turned out really cute. And Carson's new carseat looks very similar to Darren's. Ours is an Evenflo. We have been very happy with it and both boys have seemed to be very comfortable in it. We hope you and Carson enjoy it.