"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Monday, December 7, 2015

Dixie's First Ballet Recital--The Nutcracker!

Here she is looking for her sticker to stand on.
I was beaming with pride for her!  She seriously did such a great job and was absolutely ADORABLE!
Our Dixie ballerina!  I love this beautiful picture of her.
Daddy isn't always thrilled to think of her doing dance, but I think her performance made him really proud, too and melted his heart.
Here she is at the beginning. I wish we could have a video in the post, because it is just so stinking cute to watch.  And, she was literally the only one in the whole class who did all the moves right on time with the teacher.
Oh how precious.

Dixie had been asking to do ballet last year for a while.  So, we signed her up at David Dance Academy.  She loves it!  At Christmastime they have the 3-4 year old class do an 8 minute version of the Nutcracker.  We knew it would be cute, but it was even cuter.  I teared up when I saw Dixie start because she did so well.  She was the only girl out of maybe ten who remembered the moves, followed the teacher almost perfectly and did the moves she had learned with precision.  We were so excited for her and so proud!  And a little surprised that she wasn't more shy to perform.  Great job Dixie!  You can do anything you set your mind to.

No comments: