"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Repainting the Kitchen

 Finally starting the painting and hoping that we picked the right color.

 He can't resist getting into the painting, too!

 Ahhhhhhh, nice and neutral.  Just what I wanted. 
We also painted the entryway and front hallways so I snapped a pic to show my parents.  

Two owners ago the kitchen was painted a dark, hunter green color.  Then, a new family moved in and wanted to lighten things up so they painted it blue on top and yellow on bottom.  Then we moved in.  I wasn't a fan of the yellow and blue combo.  It seemed a little too country cottage to me in some ways.  I do like the yellow in some rooms, but with our blonde oak cabinets I didn't like it at all.  So, I've wanted to #1 repaint the walls to be more neutral and #2 paint the cabinets white.  So, we finally decided to do our first goal.  We both worked hard prepping, I cut in and Benji rolled.  We want to do basically the rest of the house in this neutral color, too (it is Sandstone Cliff by Behr), but after doing a large space we needed a break.  We'll get back to the other rooms at some point soon. And as for the cabinets?  I like them a lot better now with the neutral walls, but would still love to paint them white or stain them darker and replace the tile with dark wood or laminate.  As for when that might happen,  well, we'll just have to wait and see.   

No comments: