"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

This and That

 Family water party!
 Family walks and bike rides in the amazing summer weather we have had!

 SMILE!
 Chillin with the Ashcrofts

Crashing at Great Grammy's from playing hard all day.
 Found this sticky handprint on a newly cleaned pot lid.  I couldn't help but smile.  It reminds me of how my great grandma Maddox used to leave the handprints on everything for a few days after my dad and his cousins would leave.  (By the way, I'm pretty sure it is Dixie's print)
 We play dollhouse A LOT these days.  Ruby looks so happy here like she is actually playing.

 We had fun playing in the rain and seeing a beautiful rainbow.



 Carson and Dixie discovered a new, fun hiding spot for hide and seek.  (They had a little help from Daddy to get on those pantry shelves.)




 As we were getting into the car after a Costco trip I turned around to find Dixie had climbed into my seat, put on my glasses and made herself quite comfy with my lemonade. 
 Great Grammy is really great!  Here she is, 89 years old, on the ground playing with Ruby.  I can't say how much I love this picture. 
 Uh-oh.  Someone is getting into everything all of a sudden.
 This is my silly boy.
 The kids went to the dentist.  Six months ago Dixie was terrified and would only sit in my seat.  We practically would have to hold her down so they could look in her mouth.  This time I had to take them all by myself so I was a little nervous.  We walk in and Carson was being a little shy so I was trying to talk him into cooperating when I look over and Dixie was up in the chair smiling and talking to Dr. Jones and his hygienist as if they were her old friends.  You just never know with that sweet girl.


 We found this little bird hanging out in our grass.
 Dixie is constantly loving on her baby sister, Ruby is, well, you can tell from her face how she feels about it. haha
 We had an impromptu visit with Jane, Halle and Jack.  The kids had a BLAST!  They played until 10:30 PM and did not want to quit.  Jane and I went to the Eclipse concert while Benji babysat all the kids. (Yes, he is the best husband ever.)

Hanging out at Kade's and Corbin's awesome, new house!


 We did lots of road running and sometimes they'd all fall asleep a little too early--this made for a later night than Mom and Dad would have liked.
 Summer wouldn't be a sweet without an impromptu Slurpee-run with Dad after playing at the park.
 I just wanted to capture them in their snazzy duds before church.
 Benji found this fella in our yard--I wish we knew if he was gone now or not.  As soon as he slithered away, we lost sight of him.
Costco displayed their Halloween costumes in late July.  These guys begged and begged for these costumes.  So, we had them earn them for one month and gave them the costumes at the beginning of September.  Carson got Wolverine and Dixie got Belle.  When they put them on, Carson said, "Wow! I look awesome!" and Dixie said, "Yeah, and I look beautiful."  We thought they might get bored wight them before Halloween, but they wear them almost daily and are still in love with them!

No comments: