Carson the explorer! One night when he should have been going to bed, he found this huge beetle on the front porch and had to get the headlamp and investigate it with a twig. As he was creature adventuring he said, (in a very matter of fact voice) "yep, he's really perfect."
Well, I guess they just don't need me anymore. Carson was adamant that he push the cart all by himself. He did a great job and was so cute about being such a big boy, I had to take a picture of my sweethearts.
Carson LOVES being our hero. His smile beams each time he "saves" the princess (which is usually Dixie) and me from the bad guy. Usually the bad guys are invisible, but sometimes I'm the bad guy and sometimes Daddy gets to be. This time he was the "good knight", but mostly he is Wolverine, Spiderman, or Batman.
Oh how I love that sweet smile on that sweet boy of mine. I am so lucky to be this boy's Mama! (Here he was excited that Grammy's spiderman toy could pick up the magnetic bugs we have.)
Carson is growing up way too fast. He started preschool a month ago doing UPSTART on the computer at home. I have been amazed at his progress. Just a month into it, and he is already reading simple three-letter words. They've started teaching him addition facts, but he's taking a little longer to catch onto that. He is such an awesome big brother to his sisters. He and Dixie are best friends and he loves making Ruby smile and laugh. He is a sweetie and very sensitive to my feelings. I can tell he is just a very good, sweet-hearted person. I pray each night that he will stay that way as he grows up. I am so blessed that I get to be with him each and everyday. There's no place I'd rather be.
Some of his latest cute quotes:
Aug 2, 2014 While playing with his new friend, Kayden, I brought Ruby down and he said, "Hey Kayden, this is Ruby! She is awesome and she came from mom's tummy!"
Aug 8, 2014 Carson found some Starbust Jelly beans we've had left over from Easter. He started eating them and said, "Mmm, these are so good, I could eat them all day."
Sep 9, 2014 Benji was teaching us about trying to have love at home and how we can do that. So, he had each of us say something nice about someone in our family. When it came Carson's turn, Carson said, "I love Mommy because she plays games with me." (aww, made my heart melt.)
Sep 9, 2014 We've been teaching the kids about serving each other by being nice to each other. So tonight Carson really wanted me to play doll house and to try to convince me he said, "Remember when I served Dixie by letting her be the leader? You need to serve other people, too."
Sep 14, 2014 We've been trying to teach the kids to say, "May I be excused?" when they finish dinner. So tonight Carson started to get down and we stopped him and asked what he forgot to say. He looked confused so I prompted him with saying, "May I...?" he finished it with "have dessert?" --we definitely gave him dessert after that one.
Some of his latest cute quotes:
Aug 2, 2014 While playing with his new friend, Kayden, I brought Ruby down and he said, "Hey Kayden, this is Ruby! She is awesome and she came from mom's tummy!"
Aug 8, 2014 Carson found some Starbust Jelly beans we've had left over from Easter. He started eating them and said, "Mmm, these are so good, I could eat them all day."
Sep 9, 2014 Benji was teaching us about trying to have love at home and how we can do that. So, he had each of us say something nice about someone in our family. When it came Carson's turn, Carson said, "I love Mommy because she plays games with me." (aww, made my heart melt.)
Sep 9, 2014 We've been teaching the kids about serving each other by being nice to each other. So tonight Carson really wanted me to play doll house and to try to convince me he said, "Remember when I served Dixie by letting her be the leader? You need to serve other people, too."
Sep 14, 2014 We've been trying to teach the kids to say, "May I be excused?" when they finish dinner. So tonight Carson started to get down and we stopped him and asked what he forgot to say. He looked confused so I prompted him with saying, "May I...?" he finished it with "have dessert?" --we definitely gave him dessert after that one.




No comments:
Post a Comment