November 2012
Our little princess--1 year ago
Love her angelic little face--December 2012
"Helping" me make Daddy's birthday cake--January 2013
Little miss adorable ready to go to school with her backpack on. haha -- February 2013
LOVE that long, beautiful hair -- March 2013
The cutest easter egg hunter -- April 2013
Pushing her baby -- May 2013
Just riding the bike -- June 2013
Swimming at Bear Lake -- July 2013
August 2013
Silly girl -- September 2013
This smiley face cracks me up -- September 2013
First snow day! -- October 2013
Becoming a BIG Sis! -- November 2013
I am a little obsessed with how cute she is in this picture. She is such a doll! This was on her 2nd Birthday -- November 24th, 2013. My how she's grown this year.
Four days after Ruby came, Dixie turned 2 years old! I thought I was ready for it, but I was not. Now that Ruby is here, she brings back tons of memeories of when Dixie was born. I get very emotional remembering my little Dixie baby and wondering how 2 years can fly by so quickly. Dixie seems like she has grown a ton overnight. Of course it is wonderful to see her grow -- I just want to remember every moment.
This year she learned how to walk, run, jump and talk. She wants desperately to keep up with Carson. She has learned all the letters and their sounds! She has memorized the Pledge of Allegiance (no, I'm not kidding) and several primary songs like I Love To See The Temple, and If The Savior Stood Beside Me as well as the closing song of the Lawrence Welk show--"Goodnight, Sleep Tight".
Dixie is clearly drawn toward playing house and being a little mommy, which I love since that is how I was as a little girl, too.
Dixie can be the most tender, loving girl giving hugs and kisses and talking in a sweet voice. Then the next minute she can be the dominant, headstrong girl being defiant and not listening to a word you say. :) In learning to keep up with an older brother she has leanred to "hold her own", which sometimes leads to some "disagreements" between she and Carson. She is also fiercely loyal to him though and absolutely loves when he plays with her. She copies everything he does and looks up to him a lot.
She is really learning to say prayers well and loves playing in nursery. She is still my girl and usually prefers being with Mommy over anyone else. When it comes to playing rough though or running around, she adores her Daddy. She is Grammy and Granddad's biggest fan and loves skypeing with her Mima and Pawpaw.
Her favorite breakfast is Nutella on whole wheat bread with chocolate milk. For lunch and dinner she likes chicken nuggets, crystal light, applesauce, peaches, pears, carrots, chips, etc. She is our good eater and will try almost anything.
Some of her favorite pastimes are playing with dolls, doing puzzles, building towers, knocking towers down, "washing dishes" and "helping me" with whatever I'm doing. When she sees me sweeping she always asks, "Can I help?" in the sweetest voice you've ever heard. She got a dollhouse for her birthday and we've been having a good time playing together with it. Some words she says that are cute are "Nanan and Narsis" for Carson, "somping" for something, and "pees" for please. She is always using sayings she hears us say, which is adorable, too.
We can't believe how quickly she is turning into a little girl before our eyes and we absolutely love her to pieces! Just watching her play brings a smile to our faces and warmth to our hearts. Dixie is a beautiful, beautiful girl and as we've loved every moment with her ( yes, even the bad ones) over the past 2 years, we are looking forward to seeing her blossom into a big 3 year old.
We love you, Dixie!! -- to the moon and back. :)
Her birthday was on the first Sunday after Ruby was born so we all just hung out at home and had some great family time. Here are some of the festivities.
After breakfast she got to open her dollhouse from us and her grandparents.
Here she is looking through the front door of the dollhouse.
Then we spent some time playing downstairs with toys.
That night we had yummy chocolate cupcakes for dessert and blew candles out about 10 times. haha
Looks like the cupcakes were a success!
What birthday would be complete without hugs for Daddy! ;)
This was her at her 2 year check-up





















No comments:
Post a Comment