Election day is drawing near! Finally! I think both sides are pretty ready for it to be over with. I find that often people (myself included) hesitate to articulate who they vote for as if it will be offensive or something. Well, Benji and I cast our votes early and are proud to say we voted for Mitt Romney! A great man, with great values and a great vision for our country. There. I said it. We hope the majority of Americans (and the electoral college) feel the same we we do. Everytime I see an Obama 2012 sign I am dying to ask the owners why they want to reelect the President. Partisan issues aside, I think it is interesting to see how and why people form their opinions. Benji and I wholeheartedly disagree with the President on the two huge social issues of abortion and gay marriage. But, I feel that the economy is really the heart of our issues these days. Without a good economy we won't be as free to worry about the social issues that matter to us--no matter which side you're on. Our family has personally felt how bad our economy is particularly in the jobs sector. Finding work is tough for so many people and their families. When I look at my kids I want the very best for them, I want the American Dream. Under President Obama, that dream will not be realized and is slipping further and further away from us. From everything to energy costs to health insurance costs, we can and should expect better--for our generations and future generations!
1 comment:
Anne, Your post couldn't have said it better & I pretty much agree with everything you said to a T.. I also wanted to apologize as you drive home everyday you have to drive past my mother in laws home & see her OBAMA sign!! ha ha & if you ever felt the need to ask her WHY?? Please let me be there to watch!! oh man she definitely sees things differently than us but she still wants to STAND UP for the things that we think are morally wrong. It definitely has torn the family apart! But beside the fact that I don't agree with TWO MAJOR things that Obama stands for.. This country is suffering & like you said without a good economy we won't be as free to worry about the social issues that matter to us--no matter which side you're on. I couldn't agree more & appreciate that you have a logical reasoning behind your vote rather than an emotional one.. Thanks Anne!! P.s If you ever decided to ask her.. please let me be there!! :)
Post a Comment