"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

4 Months!



These were some cute shots we took on the day Carson turned 4 months old. He has such beautiful eyes and of course is just a great looking kid in general--must have gotten those genes from daddy. haha
After we got back to Louisiana, we got to go to the doctor for a check-up and then we started trying some Oatmeal cereal! This picture is in his bumbo before his first spoonful.
He didn't seem to mind the taste too much, but he didn't keep much in his mouth either. :)
I had to include these cute shots of his face after we were done. I think he got tired of trying so hard to eat since he's used to just drinking from a bottle.


He holds his head up so well now, and loves to play with toys on the ground. I loved this face when he was staring at his stuffed Tiger--I'm not really sure what he was thinking in this one.

4 month Stats:
Weight--14# 4 oz. (50th%ile)
Length--24.74 in. (50th%ile)
Head--16 in. (10-25th%ile)

This has probably been my favorite stage so far. Carson is so interactive now and learns new skills all the time. He's also settling into more of a regular sleeping and eating schedule which is nice too. Some of my favorite memories of him recently include how much he LOVES the outdoors (it makes him stop crying every time we take him out), how he responds to MUSIC (to go to sleep he usually has to have me sing primary songs to him. There's no one else I'd rather sing to.), how he likes to DANCE when he's fussy or tired (at Olivia's reception he was my dancing partner. I could have danced cheek to cheek with him all night long!), how he is such a TALKER (while he's eating he loves to take breaks just to look at me and talk, sometimes for a pretty long while. Even though, I just want him to finish eating, it cracks me up.)

I wanted to write this now, before I forget, mostly for Carson to read when he is older.

The past four months--ever since Carson was born--have been some of the hardest, most wonderful times I've ever had. I loved Carson right from the moment I met him and I thought that was it. I had made it, my dreams of becoming a wife and a mother had come true and I was very content and happy. But at that time I didn't know just how much my heart would expand with love for my sweet husband and sweet baby son.
Each day I grow to love Carson more than the day before. Sometimes I feel like my heart is about to burst! In those moments I just sit and hold him as tight as I can and whisper "I love you" over and over again. I try to be in the moment and to soak it all in--the smells, the sight of his little 4-month old hands and feet and the amazing peaceful feeling of knowing that this is what I was sent here to do.
Now, more than ever I realize what an absolute miracle every child is. I feel so much awe in knowing that Carson is a whole new universe--a unique spirit and person who will do many things, go many places, and impact so many people's lives. And, I am his teacher, his comfort, his source of nourishment, his nurturer, his protector, his guardian--his MOTHER. Sometimes I feel so inadequate and unsure that I can raise him to be his best self. But, at the same time, I wouldn't have it any other way. I feel so blessed each and every day to have him for a son and to get to take care of him. He's not the only one who is growing--I learn so much just from being with him everyday. I can't even imagine our lives without Carson in them now. I have loved my job as a dietitian, but being a mom has truly been THE BEST JOB in the whole world. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to stay home to care for Carson. There's no where else I'd rather be--even when I'm exhausted, I haven't had the chance to shower and the house is a mess.
These last 4 months have gone by so fast. Carson almost seems to grow right before our eyes. I am excited to see him at every stage in his life, but it is bittersweet to see him grow and change so fast. I hope I never forget his cute, chubby thighs, his little flat feet, his smile that makes my heart soar, his little hand clutching my finger as he falls asleep, his giggle that could light up a room, his soft, round cheeks that just beg to be kissed almost a thousand times per day, his little belly that is so cute and ticklish, our cooing sound conversations that could last for 20 minutes or more, the humbling, yet enlivening feeling I get when he wraps his arms around my neck and lays his head down on my shoulder, the desire to stop time and never move when he's asleep in my arms so peacefully.
I could go on and on with all the many little things about Carson that have made a huge difference in my life. He is amazing and being his mommy is more wonderful than I could have ever imagined. So, I'm just gonna try to live and love the journey one sweet moment at a time. I love you Carson!

4 comments:

Angie said...

He is definitely a cutie guys!! I love how you say this is your favorite stage... because I think I have said that at every stage with every baby. It just keeps getting better and better... maybe till they're teenagers... and even then I think I'll still like them... at least most of the time!

Paul and Kimberly Morrison Family said...

Love the 4 month pictures!!!! Especially, the second one. I am a big fan of the missionary comb over hair style on little babies. I also enjoyed reading your comments about being a mom. Very well put!

Bec and Dave said...

Oh my gosh Anne your baby is adorable!!! I seriously love that first pic with you three, its priceless!! I'm so glad you all are doing well :) its so nice to hear such sweet things about a mother and her baby boy. keep in touch!!

thejess's said...

Anne I hope you remember me! I saw your blog on Amandas and just kinda blog stocked you I guess :) Its fun to see your blog cuz your little guy is I think just a few weeks younger than my little girl! He is so cute! Looks like you guys are doing great!! :)