"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year Randoms

 We got to hang out on New Years Day with Grammy and Granddad!
 It's so fun to see Ruby gain confidence in the pool.  She loved hanging on to this bar and then letting go as the current pushed her down the length of the pool.  Not too long ago she wouldn't step foot in the water let alone float in the current by herself!
 We finished the evening with some bleigiessen to predict our fortunes for 2016.
 Carson got to point to the numbers one day when I was tutoring.  
 I was cleaning out Ruby's closet and organizing it before baby girl comes in May.  It brought Ruby back to the old days when she was a baby I guess. :)
 Ruby usually wants to dress up as a demure princess, but this day she went for the tough Wolverine look!
 I came into Ruby's room to find that Dixie had strapped herself onto the baby changing table and was reading herself some stories. Silly goose. 
 Just rocking' in nursery during story time!
We went to IKEA, (NOT a good idea with the kids), but they found this bench in front of a full-length  mirror and I caught this sweet hug.
My little sleeping doll.
 Carson can't resist climbing to the top of these snow hills made by the plows when I pick him up from school.

When Benji was in Greenbay, WI for work my parents invited me to bring the kids down for a fun day at their house.  It was so great.  They swam with Granddad while I went to the temple and when I got back I found Dixie in a fun bubble bath.  Ruby had gotten out because the jets in the tub scared her, but it made for a great booty shot.

 Then, they dressed up as princesses and batman.  Later, I found that Dixie had set up this feast for princess Ruby in the playroom!
 The next day, I left a relatively clean kitchen for ten minutes and came back to find this.  haha.
 They found my old organic chemistry model set and built robots out of it and then begged me to play dollhouse with them and their robots.
 I had to capture this girl under all her blankets.  She insists on having every single one of her blankets in her room on top of her.  It makes for quite a mountain of blankets.
 The other night Carson borrowed a bionicle toy from my mom.  Typically he would have been asleep by when we got home, but he was so excited to play with it that I didn't have the heart to tell him he had to go to bed right away.  So we stayed up for a while and played dollhouse with it just the two of us.  Once of those special times with just me and my boy.
 Dixie and Daddy doing push-ups together.
Carson and Dixie playing legos in a special fort they built.
It's always great playing babies with Batmommy! :)

No comments: