"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter 2013

 Best shot I could get of her hair (and I had to get one after going through the trouble of doing it while she was trying to wiggle away. :)

 So silly.
 If you couldn't guess, Carson would not take a nice picture so we take what we can get. haha
For dinner that night I made rolls.  I've been wanting to make this lamb for years and was glad I finally did it, but the real success was the orange rolls in the top left.  They were soooooooooo yummy and super duper easy.  I think next year I'll just make the lamb out of orange rolls.
 The day before Easter we did our egg hunts.  These first two are at the Chick-fil-A hunt.  We went hoping for some coupons for free food, but ended it ended up being a bust.  Still, we definitely had the cutest kids there. :)
 So, we went home to our own personal egg hunt with lots of eggs and oodles of candy--Carson and Dixie could hardly believe it. 
 Carson proudly announced what was in each egg after he completed his hunt.  Dixie never really did hers because after she realized there was candy inside she just opened an egg, ate all the candy and then wandered around until she bumped into another one. haha

We had a wonderful Easter this year.  Of course it is always fun when the kids get more into it, like Carson did this year.  We decided to do the commercial part on Saturday so we could just focus on Christ on Sunday.  I was glad we did, because I felt so relaxed and really enjoyed the day.  
Although Christmas is my favorite holiday, Easter has to be a close second.  What an amazing and life changing event the Resurrection was!  How different would our lives be now and in the future without it?  As I pondered this question my gratitude for Jesus and my testimony grew.  
We hope your holiday was wonderful as well!

No comments: