Almost since day one Carson has had a binky in his mouth. He LOVED them more than any kid I've met. At night he would suck on one while holding two more in each hand. If you tried to leave them in the crib when he woke up he would flip out and as he learned to talk he was always asking for his binky. Finally, I had had enough. I knew he didn't need them anymore and I was tired of frantically searching for missing binkies. So, during the second week of January 2013 Mommy snipped the tip off of his binkies. He was really confused at first. He even asked me to fix them by putting scotch tape on the ends. To his dismay, that did not solve the problem. As the week wore on I kept cutting them off more and more so they became less and less usable. Finally, at the end of the week he hadn't been using them and I suggested throwing them away. HE DID IT! Without even hesitating he put them in the trash. Every now and then he still asks for one, but we remind him that they were broken and he doesn't persist.
We used to not be able to picture him without a binky in, now we can't imagine him with one. Here's our big binkyless boy!


1 comment:
awww... it's always a bittersweet day when you say goodbye to the paci
Post a Comment