"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Sunday, October 16, 2011

34 Weeks


Well, here I am at 34 weeks with baby #2. I figured I'd better post about it for future reference, but not much has changed.

At my check-up I had to switch midwives due to my original one going on leave for surgery. At first I was nervous and a little skeptical of the new midwife, Diane, but after the appointment I LOVED her. I felt like she really listened to me more and didn't discount any of my concerns. Recently, I've been contracting a lot and I had just returned from an exhausting trip for my grandma's funeral so I was a little concerned that I might have stressed my body to the point of pre-term labor. Diane was so nice about the whole thing and went ahead and checked me just to make us both feel better.
Thankfully, no progress had been made so all seems to be well. Baby girl's heartbeat was good and strong, and she is head down and in a low position. Diane said it's very unlikely she'd be able to flip anymore so she'll likely stay head down! She also said that since I'm not having pre-term labor, the contractions are most likely just conditioning my uterus to have a fairly quick labor when the right time comes--I liked the sound of that.
The only concern she had was that I haven't gained any weight since I was checked about 3 weeks ago. I couldn't believe that since I've been eating out almost every single night, but so it was. So, I'm giving myself a little leeway where eating is concerned. However, my belly did grow a little so that is good. In fact, it measured 33 cm--exactly the same as my 34th week with Carson's pregnancy.

At this point in the pregnancy my favorite things are feeling her move a lot and seeing my belly grow. However, I am super duper tired and getting more and more uncomfortable. The past few days I've been having feelings of just wanting her to come and being super excited for these 6 weeks to pass so she can get here. I'm done with waiting. I'm interested to see if these feelings change or not before the due date. But, for now I feel like a kid on Christmas and just can hardly wait to get through labor and see my baby girl.

3 comments:

Kimi said...

You look great Ann! I can't believe you're almost gonna have another baby!! That's so exciting! I wonder if she'll have curly hair like Carson. Hope you guys are doing well!

Adrienne said...

You look awesome! And I'm glad you weren't in pre-term labor...that's scary! Try to take it easy and enjoy these last 6 weeks. I was in a hurry for them to be over too...its fun having her but it is challenging to so give yourself a few more fun weeks with your little man until she comes! I hope you don't get too uncomfortable and I hope it IS a quick labor! How great would that be?!

Mary said...

You are looking so so good Anne! Can't wait to see this cute little girl!