"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Thursday, July 1, 2010

~ So BLESSED ~

Me and Carson with my parents (Grandad and Grammy) by the Natchez River Boat.
Eating delicious Beignets!
Benji's professor and friend, Chad was so sweet to come.
Most of the family who came to support.
Jim (Grandad), Benji and Carson, Mike (PawPaw) and Sam.




On Sunday, June 27th Carson was blessed in Church by his daddy, Benji. It was a wonderful experience for us. My parents flew in for the occasion, thus the first few pics are of some of our trip to New Orleans with them.
Of course, we were nervous that Carson would scream through the whole blessing, but he slept until right when it was done and then he opened his eyes when Benji held him up for the audience to see--perfect.

Really, though, it was such a great blessing. For me, it was surreal and wonderful to hear my husband blessing our baby for the first time. Benji is such a wonderful man and it brings a tear of joy to my eyes every time I see him use the priesthood to bless others--especially our family. The Spirit was so strong and it was one of those times when everything was in perfect harmony and I was overcome with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all that He has blessed me with--wonderful parents and in-laws, a husband I love more than I can say, an amazing baby boy who I will do anything for and the restored gospel of Jesus Christ to lead me and my family to Eternal Life and happiness. It was a moment I won't soon forget and will look forward to with our future children.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like it went great! We wish we could have been there. We can't wait to see ya'll again :)

Taryn said...

What a special day! Carson is such a cute little guy. It looks like you guys are doing wonderful and enjoying time as a new little family. Hope to see you soon!