"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Few Firsts

Sorry that my mom and dad haven't posted for a bit. They've been pretty preoccupied by taking care of me that they just haven't had time so I thought I'd save them the trouble and do this post myself. :) I thought it fitting for my first blog post to write about some other important {FIRSTS} that I've experienced recently.
First of all, I made it through my whole FIRST MONTH on earth! It's been quite a ride. I've met many new friends and relatives, and wrapped my parents around my little finger. They're always telling me how cute I am and that I'm the greatest little baby they've ever seen. I'd have to agree, I am pretty great.
During my first month I've also grown!
My doctor says I now weigh 9# 15.5 oz. (50th%ile), I am 22 1/4 in. long (50th %ile), and my head has even grown to 14 1/2 in. (25th %ile). Unfortunately, my doctor also made me get my FIRST SHOT too.
I've learned to sleep in my swing this month too. In fact I've slept through the whole night for the FIRST time thanks to this gem.
On my 1 Month-aversary my mom tried her best to take my picture. She did a pretty good job, but then again, how could a picture not be good when I'm in it! haha
The very next day, we got on my very FIRST AIRPLANE ride and headed to New York for my FIRST VACATION. I've worked really hard this past month at growing and sleeping and pooping and eating, so I really needed this trip. We went to West Point to see the Military Academy there. My mom's whole side of our family came to honor my great grandpa, Bumpy, with a beautiful memorial service. This is me and my daddy in our hotel lobby right before dinner--do you like my new hat?
I was tired of my small pack 'n play back home, so I opted for the King size bed instead. I let my mom and dad share it with me too!
The next day, I took my parents on a tour of West Point with my great Grammy. This is where my great-great Grammy and Grampy are buried.
I loved the view from this balcony overlooking the Hudson River!
On our third day, we went to the memorial service for Bumpy. This was my FIRST FUNERAL. I had heard funerals were sad, and while my family did shed tears of sadness, it was actually a wonderful service. He was a great guy and had a very successful career in the army. He retired as a Major General and did many things to improve our wonderful country. He was very special to my mom and I know she misses him.
After the service, I rode on my FIRST BUS to take a tour of more buildings on the West Point campus. This beautiful cathedral was where Great Grammy and Bumpy were married!
On our fourth day in New York, my parents and I went on my FIRST TRAIN ride with my Groberg cousins to see New York City. This was real fun and I heard the views were great, but to tell the truth I was pretty hungry and more interested in eating during the train ride than looking out the window.

Once we arrived in NYC, we hopped on my FIRST SUBWAY to get to Battery Park.
Here's mom and me on the ferry to the Statue of Liberty.
Dad and me chillin' after a yummy Hot Dog and Pretzel from a street vendor.



Mom and I loved this beautiful view of the Hudson River!
My dad was determined to see the Army's football field. While we were checking out Michie stadium/Blaik Field I got to score my FIRST TOUCHDOWN! Dad was so proud, but I wasn't quite sure if I liked the feel of the turf on my toes; I guess it is time to have mom and dad buy me some cleats.
Here is my family outside of my FIRST HOTEL.
Here I am with Great Grammy in the airport right before boarding to go home.
I slept for most of the flights to and from New York. But decided to stay up and check things out for a while on our fifth plane--I know, I am so cute.
While we were there, on May 29th to be exact, I smiled at my Daddy for the first time! My parents were very excited about this and now they want me to do it all the time. Sometimes I indulge them...here are some smiles my mom caught on camera yesterday.



Hope you enjoyed hearing about my FIRSTS as much as I loved experiencing them. This whole growing thing is turning out to be pretty good.

8 comments:

Ben + Amanda said...

what the??!! We were in NY at the same time! Why did we not know this sooner? He looks so much like benj, what a cutie.

Lucy and Landon said...

Looks like a good trip! He sure is cute and you guys are great parents!!

SolidOrange21 said...

This blog was hilarious! I laughed all the way through! Aversary! ahahaha I love it!

-Chrissie

Taryn said...

Sounds like traveling went well! I am so glad. I can't believe you braved downtown NYC with a newborn. Go you! Carson is such a cutie. Isn't it insane how fast they grow?

Jeff said...

There is no way Carson left this post. He can't even talk yet.

sam and kyrsten said...

he has so much hair and is such a doll! this was a very cute post!

Mary said...

What a champ! It looks like you guys had a great time! Love the post!

Tara and Brigham said...

oh my heck, i feel like he looks so much like both of you! I don't think i've ever seen that before :) maybe I would think differently if i saw him in real life... hint hint! But congrats all the same, he's adorable!