"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Global Warming?

Well, we've set a record down South for snow two years in a row in Baton Rouge.  Can you believe it?  It actually snowed.  I kept having to remind myself that it was not normal, because driving down the road with the snowflakes falling under the glow of street lamps actually feels quite normal to me.  It snowed for one night and the snow didn't even stick.  But you should have seen what a big deal it was around here.  Since, they're not used to snow, the weathermen were warning people not to go out unless absolutely necessary, and they actually canceled events in the area!  All for just a few snowflakes that didn't even stay around to see what havoc they caused.  :)  But, I appreciated it.  It brought a little bit of home to me this holiday season, and it was the perfect excuse for some hot cocoa.  

Here I am in front of our neighbors truck.  You can see the white snow on his wiper blades.
These two pics are just the beautiful snowflakes falling outside our car.  I can't wait to see more when we get to Utah--I'm definitely hoping for a white Christmas!  
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We've got plenty here. I hope some of it comes you're way - we've got enough!!! When do you find out what you're having? I'm dying to know!!