"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
The Family: A Proclamation To The World

Thursday, May 22, 2008

What does an Herbicide Application Engineer even do?

As most of you know, Benji is an Herbicide Application Engineer.  I know that basically they control weed growth around plants and power lines.  But I decided it would be fun to see what exactly it was like.  So, yesterday I went to work with Benji and Mike.  Don't get any crazy ideas, it's not like I actually worked.  I just watched, chatted with them, helped Mr. Mike bandage his hand and read a book.  I had a great time with them! 
Here Benji is cutting down canes with a machete.  Mr. Mike actually cut his hand pretty badly doing this yesterday.

Here they are mixing chemicals in their backpacks
And here is what he did all day long.  Most of the day they used the sprayer from the tank in the truck rather than the backpack and they sprayed about 3 miles of power lines.  It is hard work in a lot of heat, and they were amazing.  I already love and respect these guys, but now I have an even deeper respect.

No comments: